Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Clinton's First Movie

This weekend we took Clinton (and Heidi) to see his first movie in the theater. I was a little concerned about how he would do, but since the movie involved three of his favorite things-- pop-CARN (popcorn), pites (Sprite), and gass (glasses--since it was 3D)--I thought maybe he was ready.

We met his Nana and cousins, Emma and Keelan, there and he was so excited. He and Emma (5) held hands all the way through the theater. When we got to our seats, Clinton was excited about all the kids around us. He climbed up in his seat and began chomping away on his pop-CARN and insisted on holding the bag we had gotten for everyone to share....oops.



The sheer joy and entertainment of a life size bag of popcorn lasted all of about....oh, I'd say 5 minutes. Just enough to get through the first set of previews.

Then we were on to the 3D previews. And since we forgot to get a pites (Sprite), Clinton had to settle for his monk (milk) that I packed in his bag. This lasted a whole 30 seconds. Luckily, the previews were just entertaining enough that he was able to stand in front of his seat and watch them.

THEN, there was a short animation prior to the actual movie. Oh, for the love of Pete just play the movie already! I'm sitting here with a 2 year old who has the attention span of a highly functioning chimpanzee!

FINALLY, the movie started and Clinton was pretty much over the whole experience. He sat in his Daddy's lap through the intro of the movie. And while I found it very sweet and moving, Clinton found it very slow and...well, boring. However, there was a sudden explosion of balloons out of the chimney of the house and Clinton was sucked in. He LOVES boons.

So, for a while more he was entertained and able to stay in his seat. Luckily another interest of Clinton's appeared in the movie-- gauds (dogs). This kept his attention for a bit.

However, Cousin Emma got up for her first of two potty breaks. Dang those potty trained kids! :-) Both times Clinton felt the need to join, even though he refuses to go in a potty. And he did not want to return from the second potty break. He just wanted to run the halls, but Daddy brought him back kicking and screaming.

At this time I'd like to apologize to everyone who had to endure that 45 seconds of complete distraction and disruption.

The movie finally ended and Clinton was so excited about everyone getting up and leaving that he ran to the end of our aisle and started down the stairs. Rodney quickly followed suit and I stayed to gather up blankets, a milk cup, 3D glasses, and everything else left in our wake.

Clinton said he liked the movie, but I'm not sure we'll be packing up for another one next weekend...

Lookin' cool in 3D shades,


Oh, and we saw UP...cute, cute movie if you have little ones who really will watch a movie!

No comments: