Monday, March 02, 2009

SURPRISE!

This morning Clinton and I got dressed and headed off to my Bible study as we do every Monday morning--a tradition Clinton has come to love, as the house we go to has a nice big train table with tons and tons of trains. The babysitter says Clinton never leaves the train table.

I took Clinton upstairs to the playroom--he nearly sprinting up the stairs, I puffing along slowly behind. When I came down, my friend Kelly looked at me smiling and said, "We sure are glad you came today." I--not noticing the balloons, the banner, or the gift bag--said, "Thanks. Why?" "Uh...cause we're having a shower for you! Surprise!"

Surprise, indeed. It's funny with the second you just don't expect all the fuss that you get with the first one, including showers. And to be a surprise was even better. I've thrown a couple of surprise parties (just love them), but no one's ever had one for me. So, I was excited to find a surprise waiting for me! We played a few games, ate a lot of yummy food, discussed baby names, made predictions on the sex of the baby and I got to open a wonderful gift from the ladies!


Doing our usual snack and gab.


Kellee B. losing big time at guessing how big my belly was!


Drawing babies on their heads. Pictured are Kellee B., Cynthia, and Paige (Cynthia's daughter). This is Paige's house in the background.


Kellee B. working her magic on a prediction. She says it's a girl this time and there's another boy to come!


Today's belly photographed by Kelly Ru.


One of my favorite things they gave me was a book where each of them had written a Bible verse or quote along with some words of wisdom or well wishes. Below are the scriptures/quotes that were written in my book:

From Kelly Ru.:
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

From Cynthia:
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wondrfully made; your works are wonderful, I knew that full well. Psalms 139:13-14

From Pat:
He gives children to the woman...and makes her a happy mother. Psalms 113:9

Children are a gift from the Lord; babies are a reward. Psalms 127:3

From Paige:
A sweet, new blossom of Humanity, fresh fallen from God's own home to flower on Earth. --Gerald Massey

From Ann:
Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth. Psalms 86:11

From Susan:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

From Kelly Re.:
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. Jeremiah 1:5
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13


From Kellee B.:
Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the door frames of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:5-9


Oh, and the girls got me a gift certificate for a pedicure at a nearby spa and a $100 gift card to use when I start buying stuff--after we find out what the baby is!!

Thanks, ladies, I had a wonderful time! It was such a great surprise and really meant a lot that you would all go through so much trouble and somehow get Rodney to keep a secret!

Nesting and "resting",

6 comments:

Samantha said...

When I saw the title of this post, I thought Baby Williams was going to be making her (or his) debut sooner than expected!! Glad you had a nice shower.

Amy said...

Wow! How special!

Kathy said...

That is VERY cool!! How fun!

Kathy said...

Ok.....from her on out....if you don't post every few days we are gonna think that he/she has arrived!

Kathy said...

Oh, obviously I meant to say "here", but maybe that was a sign...I think that it's going to be a "her". ;)

Amanda said...

How sweet! You look great, too!! :)