Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So it seems...

If you've been reading my blog for the last couple of weeks, it may seem to you that our dear Clinton only loves his daddy. But this is not so. Don't get me wrong, he does treasure every moment he spends with his daddy...but mommy isn't exactly left out on all the lovin' going on. Clinton and I have a number of beautiful mommy-son moments throughout each day. Moments I treasure. Moments I hope to never forget. But moments I'm sometimes afraid may be lost as there are very few pictures of me and Clinton, since I'm the photographer.

For instance, there isn't a day that goes by that my little man doesn't spoil me with his sweet kisses. Sometimes, he'll get up from playing just to run across the room and kiss my leg then run back to his toys. Sometimes, we'll be shopping and he'll reach up and pull my face down to kiss me right on the lips. And sometimes I just ask for them...and he almost always obliges.

Almost every morning, Clinton crawls out of his bed dragging his blanket (lovingly referred to as "key-at") and makes his way across the house and into my room. He gets in bed with me and we snuggle as he drinks his morning milk.

We also spend a lot of time making faces at each other and laughing like crazy. Anytime Clinton starts acting grumpy, all it takes is a funny face to get him back to his funny self. He says, "Gen, gen." (Again, again.) I love when he tries to copy the faces I'm making, it's so cute.

And of course, he loves mommy's reading skills. We lay in his bed most nights and read the same two stories over and over (Smash Crash and The Little Engine That Could). Lately, he's been trying to put me to sleep. He gets on his knees and leans over me saying, "Shhh. Shhh. Seep." (Sleep) Of course, as soon as I turn the light off, he's the one sleeping and I sneak out.

Just a few things I want to always remember...



Now for the good stuff. Below are some more pictures from this past week...

Clinton and Daddy putting the new closet system in the nursery closet. I just love this face.


Clinton showing Daddy how to use the tape measure.


Both boys working hard.


Yay! A finished product. And, yes, those are girl clothes hanging in the closet, but I promise I didn't purchase them. They're hand-me-downs from Rodney's neice and I've had them for over a year now.


Clinton playing basketball with the neighborhood kids (and a little help from Daddy). Doesn't he look so big??



The other night Clinton got out of the bath and crawled up on Rodney. He laid like this for about 15 minutes, it was so sweet. He had missed his Daddy.

This is the look I got when he thought I was interfering on his Daddy time.


Just freakin' cute.


Sharing my heart with 2 precious guys,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks so big. One of my students has the haircut that clinton needs for summer. I'll try to remember to take a pic. He has curly hair and the back is cut short, but the top is still a little floppy and curly. It's too cute.

S. Brook Bell said...

These pics are great!