Well, we are in the throws of making the adjustment from one child to two...whew! I'm a little exhausted from a certain little night owl who has recently joined the family and a fever I can't quite seem to shake. Clinton is adjusting pretty well. I think it dawned on him today that Heidi is here to stay and he's acting out a little, but for the most part he's still pretty good. He loves to hold her and read her books. He also loves that they each have their own blanket, but he does NOT like when I nurse Heidi. He tries to cover me back up with my shirt and tells Heidi, "Nooooooo!". And of course, Rodney and I have fallen in love again. We're so excited about having a little girl. I'm excited about ruffles and power bows, and as one nurse put it, Rodney is excited about "having his heart stepped on in ways he never even imagined."
Here are some pictures from this past week:
We started out on Wednesday taking Clinton to get his big brother hair cut. As much as I loved the shaggy hair, it was becoming quite troublesome. I can't believe how different it made him look!



Thursday morning we headed into the hospital. Last picture of Heidi in the belly.

Heidi made a grand entrance at exactly 3:01pm on March 26. I guess you can tell by my face that I was pretty excited about her being a girl! I cried when Rodney made the big announcement to the room and everyone cheered...it was so fun!


Heidi with her Papa.

Heidi with her Pop.

Heidi's brother (future Dr. Williams?) looking in on her! He had a fascination with the gloves and sanitizing lotion.

Heidi ready to go home.

Clinton, Rodney and Heidi.

More pics to come...
Excited and exhausted,
7 comments:
Oh Courtney, that is so exciting! I know you will know exactly what to do and you will do a great job at it. Be sure you take lots of pics and remember the small stuff. Everyone looks relieved and excited that Heidi is here. Congrats on you new addition!! :)
I am SO excited about this baby girl - love that it was a surprise. I check your blog daily for new pixs!!! ENJOY HER and Clinton!!!
Lynn
I am so happy to see yall are doing good!! Heidi is precious and I love Clintons new do!! Take care and enjoy!!
Oh Courtney, Heidi is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see more pictures. Clinton looks like a little man with his new hair do. What a good looking family you have! Congratulations on the new addition!
Every hour!!! I don't miss that...but as you know...sleep (more than an hour at a time) will come soon. She is beautiful! Send me your address....please :)
Congrats Courtney! Can't wait to see her in person! Nat
Heidi is so pretty, so tiny, and beyond precious, isn't she? Enjoy... even though having her is an adjustment and sometimes exhausting. Enjoy the moment. Clinton really does look like such a big boy with that haircut. I'll be looking for more pics soon. Blessings on you all.
Post a Comment