The first change is that I have said goodbye to corporate America and resigned from my job. It was bitter-sweet. Bitter because I love my company (Crowe Chizek--great company to work for if you ever get the chance!) and I love my boss and coach. Luckily, they both told me I could come back when I was ready. Despite the bitter part, it was also sweet because now I have more time to spend with my little munchkin--without feeling stressed because of all the things I "need" to be doing. I had already cut back to 24 hours, but 24 hours is a lot when you're trying to keep up with a kid like Clinton without any kind of childcare. I've also been able to get more than four hours of sleep a night--which has been very refreshing! Clinton and I have already taken advantage of my free time by frequenting the park (seen below), the farmer's market, and our friends.



While I've said goodbye to corporate America, I've not said goodbye to work completely. I have taken a job with our church. It's only 15 hours and is also from home. The church we go to is about 25 miles away, but they're trying to start a campus right here in our community. So my job will be to assist with the administration in that effort. So, far it has been a wonderful fit for me and our current family situation.
Stay tuned for the next post: Going Granola? - Change 2

2 comments:
WOW, look at all those trucks...I bet Clinton was in heaven!
First of all, congratulations!!!! And where in the world is that park with all the trucks? Gotta know!
Post a Comment