There's the wing-backed reading chair that gets replaced by a baby swing. The breakfast nook becomes a little more cramped with a bulky high chair. The master bedroom gets a bassinet next to the bed...so romantic. And somewhere else throughout the house room is made for an exersaucer, a jumpster, a bumbo, an activity playmat, OODLES of toys...oh, and all the stuff that fills the nursery.
But none of it seems to be as glamorous as the baby pool. A VERY brightly colored, VERY large piece of inflatable plastic that doesn't really have a place in the yard. NO place. It doesn't look like it belongs anywhere, and believe me I've tried several places....it just looks out of place wherever you put it. And the best part is, it leaves a big circle of dead grass...which is devastating to a certain unnamed man who takes great pride in maintaining a perfect lawn in order to keep up with the neighbors.
But we live with the obnoxious color and the oversized annoyance AND the death of our beloved fescue, in order to bring the joy you see below. Both Clinton and Gracie think the pool is a little piece of heaven, so in turn, we can look past all the ugliness and appreciate the beauty it brings to us.
And, yes, my child is fully dressed with shoes and all...







3 comments:
That is great! My kids swim in their clothes a lot... When the feeling hits, you just gotta take a dip sometimes. :)
Aahhh, yes, the lovely baby pool...really glams up the back yard.
BTW, tomorrow is Friday and I am expecting a "Favorite Things Friday" post since one never appeared last week. And yes, I really have nothing better to do than keep on you about your Friday posting:)
AMEN to the pool dilemma! We got a 3 ft. deep pool this year with a pump and all... just for the grandkids. It is ugly, looks out of place just as you said, AND the most disconcerting thing of all, agreeing with your dear husband... it has killed our grass which will not be unveiled until the end of September when we take the thing down an try to figure out a place to store it. The grandkids have been in it once... O-N-C-E... only one time for Pete's sake! My hubby and I have floated around in it a couple times; we mow around it, weedeat very carefully around it, and keep it clean... just in case mind you. Why oh why, we wonder; why on earth did we spend over a hundred bucks for this gigantic blue eye-sore in our backyard? However, I would love to have a real in-ground permanent natural looking pool, beautifully landscaped with a self cleaning pool vaccuum. A traquil outdoor room to sit, float, and be... and possibly exercise when the mood strikes. Hmmmmm... I think what I have written is blog worthy, don't you? I think I'll copy and paste my grumblings to my own blog and see if I might find a photo of said big blue yard art.
Post a Comment