Tuesday, June 03, 2008

COMMITTED...I think. - Change 3

So, there was a time before Clinton...a time before Rodney...when I was a runner. I ran all the time. In fact, when Rodney and I started dating I was running up to 7 miles a day...our dating seriously interfered with my working out.

Well, I think I'm committing myself to running once again. I really enjoy it once I get into it, it's just getting started that's so hard. A few weeks ago I posted that I had run with Rodney and was so proud of myself...what I didn't follow up with was how much pain I was in during the following days...OUCH! When did I get so old?

Chelsea and I (along with Mom and Dad) have committed to running the Marathon to Marathon in October. This takes place in Marathon, TX. It's actually just a half marathon that you run with a partner and your times are combined for a "full" marathon time. The two who have not completely committed are Rodney and Brian (although Rodney seems to be more on board these days). Dad has suggested Chelsea and I team up and run against Brian and Rodney as a team...I like this idea.

So, to my sweet Rodney and Chelsea's dear Brian, I say....BRING IT!!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Very impressive!!

Anonymous said...

Operation Run Like a Kenyan commences tomorrow...I hope you and Chelsea aren't too allergic to the dust I'll be kicking up!

Anonymous said...

Can you please stop talking about how old you are? You are not old at all (and yes, I am 99% sure I know how old you are). You are not making me excited about getting older.

Courtney said...

Brian--you crack me up! Rodney and I were laughing so hard when we read that...where do you come up with this stuff? How serious are you about running like a Kenyan--I believe in Kenya they run barefooted. Everyone would be really impressed if you could pull that off! I'll have my Claritin ready but I don't really think I'll be needing it.

Jess--Sorry! I have been very sensitive about my age ever since I turned 20. Not sure why, but that birthday just hit me hard and I haven't really enjoyed them since! And trust me, after you have a baby you won't believe how quickly your body seems to age! ...but it's totally worth it!

Emily said...

Good luck! Allan and I were just saying last night that we want to do a little running (MAYBE train for a half as well). We'll see if it actually happens. I HATE running.
As for the age thing...I am sorry that you are so freaked out by it. You really are SO far from being old! It is true that having a baby changes things up a bit though.

Mama Jeannie said...

Good Grief little one. I'm 57 years going on 58 and I'm not old. What's up with this 'old' stuff? You're just a young chick for sure and have so much life ahead of you. The best is yet to come... especially if you're going to run and stay in shape. All the better. :0)