Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Uh-Oh


Heidi Sage is going from being a super-easy toddler to a normal busy toddler...yikes!  Up until this point, I was thinking adding in our third might not be too bad...now I'm starting to get nervous.  HS has been watching and observing her brother...closely.

She recently realized that Clinton uses chairs as ladders, and she started checking this out...and has found a drawer she covets--the junk drawer.  Of course, this drawer houses loose change, tacs, lighters, chapstick....quite the loot for a one year old.  I'll be cleaning this out soon!

She's moving right along in all kinds of developments.  She had her 18 month appointment today.  She's up to 22.5 lbs. (25th percentile) and 32 in. (50th percentile).  She's saying more and more words everyday including apple, please, thank you, mommy, daddy, mine (Ha!  You have to know that word to survive around here with Clinton!), more, duck, horse, book, blanket, and a few others.

She's also starting to throw some pretty awesome tantrums.  I had heard that girls can have some pretty emotional meltdowns, but I wasn't believing it until recently...it appears Heidi Sage can tantrum with the best of them.  BUT she's quickly learning this mommy has little tolerance for it.

HS is becoming more and more independent.  She's wanting to brush her teeth all by herself.  She's climbing the playscape all by herself (with me standing right behind her!).  She can't wait to jump out of my arms at school.  She's getting big, and it's making me sad....guess it's good there's another baby just around the corner!  :-)

Embracing changes,

1 comment:

Bonner Family said...

HS looks so adorable in her little outfit with her belt and bow :)