
This past week school FINALLY started! ...preschool, that is. I know it doesn't sound very nice of me to wish for it, but it really is my only break during the week. With Rodney's work schedule, I'm on duty 24/7. So having two 5-hour breaks during the week is really nice...even if it does cost me a car payment!
We LOVE our preschool and I am happy to say my kids LOVE going. Heidi Sage has really impressed me with her excitement about going. She doesn't cry. She waves and tells me "bye-bye". And the teacher says she's super sweet all day. Although, the first day she was so overwhelmed with everything she didn't eat a bite...she kept trying to get up to play.
Heidi Sage has the same teacher Clinton had in the one's class. Ms. Kay was very excited to get HS in her class, and we were even more excited to be in her class!
Clinton also loves his class. He seems to be even more excited about school this year than he was last year. He loves Ms. Kate. He seems to like his classmates. And he loves a blue delivery truck in the cars/trucks area....he talks about it a lot.
I was a bit taken aback by how much more grown up the three year old class is. They won't let the mommies come in the classroom. They make the kids put all their bags away themselves in their cubbies. And they don't allow sippy cups.
But Clinton doesn't care...he's always looking to see if anyone is playing with the blue delivery truck yet...because he wants it!
Clinton and I found the perfect "big boy" cup in the freezer for his lunch box. Something Bebe found at The Container Store a while back. It has a flip up straw and the cup is lined with some type of gel that freezes and keeps his milk cold. I also talked him into taking a "big boy blanket" to school instead of his raggedy old baby blanket. He's perfectly content to do so. Anything to be a "big boy". So we got out a big red fleece blanket Bebe had made him that has trucks and tractors appliqued on the corners.
Even after two whole years of preschool, I have never gotten a call about Clinton. Heidi Sage's second day and I receive a call that she fell on the playground and hit her head. They asked me to come by and check on her and decide whether or not she needed to come home.
After parenting Clinton for 3 1/2 years, I'm pretty relaxed about these types of things. I popped in and found HS to be perfectly happy eating her lunch with a bit of a bruiser on her forehead. I asked her if she wanted to stay and eat and she said..."Uh-huh!" So, I kissed her and told her I would see her later. She smiled and said, "Bye-bye". Since all they had left was nap time, I figured she would be fine....so I went and looked at houses with my realtor. :-)
So far...we're having a great year (minus the head bump)!
Anyone want to meet for lunch? :-)
Oh, and a little of my handy work for the kids' classrooms. Their "About Me" posters.








1 comment:
I love the "about me" idea for preschoolers. I'm sure it's a help to the teachers and besides, getting to show off your kids and a few memories you've made is just fun, isn't it? And Yes! I'd love to have lunch with you. What if.... :0)
Post a Comment