I have noticed that our little Heidi Sage possesses some personality traits very similar to that of her brother. She is LOUD. She is curious. She is impatient about food and sleep. She is funny.

However, she also possesses a few traits that are her own. My favorite? ...she is content. And she is ALWAYS content in her wagon outside. She can sit and watch her brother play or watch Daddy wash the cars or watch me plant bulbs. I love this picture because it paints a picture of some very real differences between my kids at this stage in our lives---Heidi Sage is sitting perfectly in her all white outfit delicately playing with her toy. Clinton is half dressed, knees to the aggregate, demanding a new car or truck every 30-60 seconds. This is who they are right now.

This was a particularly fun day. It was cloudy. It was a little chilly. We were quarantined with a bacterial blood infection (Heidi Sage), flu shot reactions (Clinton), and tonsillitis (me). I was determined to make it a fun day and even more determined to stay away from the TV. So we found ourselves outside....in the mulch....with monster trucks.....a shovel to make a monster truck track.....a broom to sweep up Daddy's sidewalk that got dirty via the monster trucks....and some cars for the monster trucks to crush.




Clinton had a big time. He loved crushing the cars. He loved "washing" the trucks because they got dirty. And he loved crashing the trucks and telling me, "Oh no, dey wecked!"
I loved watching him pretend and get lost in this fantasy world of big wheeled trucks that can crush anything. (He's completely oblivious to how redneck it is....we'll keep it that way, for now.)


He was even happy when it was time to go in because I took him straight to the bathtub which was immediately filled with floating black mulch. Yippee....one more thing for our cleaning lady (me) to clean.
If I'm not mistaken, the entire outing was free of a single two-year old tantrum. We might just have to do this again...
Vroom-Vroom,


No comments:
Post a Comment