Monday, February 09, 2009

Two Looks Good On You

Sunday our little baby turned 2! I'm still having a hard time believing it! I can't believe how fast it has flown by.

Clinton had a big day and loved every minute of it. Rodney and I loved it, too, but we were exhausted from staying up until 1AM the night before putting together a train table.

Rodney working hard!

What hard work looks like when it's finished!


Clinton awoke to his new train table in the living room. He was so excited and spent much of the morning between his train table and the chocolate chip muffins I made him for breakfast! He wasn't exactly sure why he was getting chocolate for breakfast, but he wasn't complaining!

We've discovered there's going to be a lot of rebuilding of the track, so we've put the blue print in a very safe place!


After church, I made Clinton's choo-choo cake for his birthday party that evening. It took some time and patience, especially when a certain helper awoke from his nap and needed to be in the middle of the action! We managed to get it finished but Clinton wanted to play with it the rest of the day. Every once in a while, he'd look up and say, "Ummm, gool." (Ummm, good.)





Around 3 o'clock, Clinton's guests began to arrive (Rodney's family). He had so much fun and FINALLY got interested in opening presents. Even at Christmas he wasn't really into it, but last night he had the hang of it. He got a scooter, a battery powered ride-on Silverado, an FP Little People Barn Set, a Tonka garage and cars, a Hummer truck w/ a trailer and motorcycle, a Big Wheels, and a remote control bus. Rodney also got him a bunch of matchbox cars and monster trucks. They were significantly smaller than the other packages and he was not interested in opening them. We'd ask him and he'd say, "No!" and throw it on the floor. Finally, he opened one and saw that it was a car...suddenly he was interested in them all!





Clinton's girlfriend, Addie, even made it to the party. He's always excited to see her!


Oh, and here's the belly at 33 weeks!


Birthday video to come!

Soakin' up the here and now,

4 comments:

Emily said...

That is such a cute cake! You have such a cute little belly. I think that our bellies are about the same size and you are 12 weeks further along than me...hmmm. Glad that you had a fun day with your two year old. Life will just continue to get more and more fun with your little man.

Anonymous said...

So cute---and I love the cake. I'm impressed that Rodney was able to do a building project without all of Brian's fabulous help:)

I'm glad that Addie made it to the party, I'm sure that made Clinton happy. Oh my gosh, what happened to her leg?

Samantha said...

Very cute cake, I am quite impressed. Happy Birthday Clinton!

Alicia said...

WOW...i must say i am highly impressed with the cute little cake...GREAT JOB MOOMMY!

your belly is soooo cute...not too much longer...has there been much difference in this pregnancy than the last?...are you thinking you might know what is in there...and have you decided on names?

fun fun...so many questions...