Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Spring, PLEASE Hurry Our Way!

This past Friday was one of the best days we've had at home in a very long time. It was warm enough for Clinton to play outside all day! He took his "schrucks" (trucks) outside and played and played and played...until he came in and sat in his chair and went to sleep watching his shoo-choos (choo-choos).

The cold weather has really been getting us down. Aside from Clinton loving to be outside playing and always mad at me for making him stay inside, we have been sick, sick and more sick. A few weeks ago Clinton picked up the stomach virus (AGAIN! -- this is 8 times for this poor kid!). The next week he had a bronchial infection which required a breathing treatment (which was met with a lot of kicking, screaming, and two adults holding him down) and a take-home inhaler (requiring me and Rodney to either bribe him or hold him down). And then last week he had a really bad ear infection and I had a bad cold/sinus infection...we are SOOOO done with being sick!

We're ready for consistently warm days and LOTS and LOTS of playing outside!

Clinton and Gracie visiting with the little boy next door who also likes to play outside all day...but is scared of Gracie, so he won't come in our yard. ;-)

2 comments:

Brandi Burden said...

I am soo ready for spring also! I know it hasn't been as cold here but I am ready for the sunshine and for leaves to be back on the trees!! I love the spring!
Geez yall have had a rough time. Glad to hear you are all feeling better!
I LOVE this pic. Its adorable!!

Anonymous said...

so cute. i'm also ready for warm weather everyday so i can play outside:)