Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Little Giants

Yesterday I had my 35 week appointment. While I was a wee bit giddy about having lost weight at my 33 week appointment (I know, I know--not what you want when you're pregnant, but I've got issues), the doctor told me I made up for it over the past two weeks. Gee, thanks. I have to admit, I did indulge myself over the past two weeks thinking I was immune to weight gain--ha! Although, continuing on with my issues, I've decided the baby is actually the one that has gained the 7 pounds, and I, of course, have maintained my weight. :-) Which of course, would make for a HUGE baby if it gained 7 pounds in just two weeks! ;-) I also found out that I've already started dilating a wee bit and the baby's head is really low, which explains a few aches and pains I've been having! With all that said, the doctor said we could have a baby anytime between now and April 1...stay tuned...

So, for my real little giant. Clinton had his 24 month appointment today. And as suspected, he's adorably huge. His stats are as follows:

Weight - 32 lbs. - 88th percentile
Height - 38 1/4 in. - way off the charts (a bit taller than the average 3 year old)
Head - 20.47 in. - off the charts (about the size of a large 3 year old)

And, as usual, I can't just take the information for what it is, I have to start speculating. I have to start using my statistics to make predictions--it's the researcher in me, I can't help it. There's this general rule that by taking a girl's height at 24 months or a boy's height at 30 months and doubling it is a good predictor of what their full grown height will be. Well, even if we doubled Clinton's height now at 24 months (knowing he's probably going to grow a little more over the next 6 months), his predicted height is 6' 4 1/2". Crazy, right? We're starting basketball drills in the driveway tomorrow! :-)

Lookin' forward to meeting a new Williams soon,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

adorably giant. i usually tell people he's the size of a 3 year old---good guessing. you better start carrying his birth certificate around for little league so you can prove his age.

Kathy said...

That's exciting news! I hope this last little bit of your pregnancy goes smooth for you....I can't wait to see if Clinton will have a brother or a sister!

Samantha said...

Wow, I cna't believe you are already 35 weeks, baby will be here in no time. I'm still betting it's a girl!

I too have heard about the doubling the height thing...I looked back at my baby book for fun and I was 37 inches at 24 months, but I'm certainly not 6'2"!! I guess only time will tell...have you checked out yours or Rodeneys?

The Throne Family said...

Congratulations on raising a healthy growing boy! He will be eating you out of house and home before you know it!

Awesome news on the little one. I wish you much luck in these upcoming weeks. So exciting!

Samantha said...

BTW, are you not being induced for this one?

Alicia said...

Thank you so much for updating us on a GROWING BOY! Angela is right abou t he will be eating you out of house and home before you know it. CUTE CUTE note on bastetball practice...=)

Please keep us all updated on more new baby news!