When you scoot around the suburbs of Music City, you can't help but run into celebrities...country music celebrities. I used to work out at the same gym as Kenny Chesney and Joe Nichols. I've stood in line behind Sara Evans at Target. I've been on planes with Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert. And, yes, I even saw Hannah Montana at SuperTarget not too long ago...OMG. :-) And, yes, that was sarcastic...I'm rarely star struck....and certainly not so over teen idols. However, Clinton and I ran into another celebrity today...and I was a little star struck....because she is still beautiful and she was someone I idolized as a little girl, somehow making her different than the stars I admire today.
Anyway, we were at the furniture store trying to order a new cover to a chair that a certain little boy got food coloring on (see our Halloween day post). Last week, I got a note in the mail saying the store was going out of business which panicked me a bit since I needed them to replace my cushion cover. Today I took my private invitation letter and headed to the store for their big sale. I had to laugh because there was a time when Rodney and I were DINKs (Double Income-No Kids) and could afford the furniture in this store. Now, with one destroying every nice thing we have and another on the way, the thought of even paying the sales price was cracking me up! But I digress.... I was weaving my way through the store and passed Ricky Scaggs. It was neat to see him, but again, not star struck. We made the rounds and came by the rugs and I thought I passed a lady that looked like Naomi Judd, but wasn't really sure and honestly was too tired to try and figure it out. While I was standing in the back trying to order my new cover she came to the back to pay...yep, it was definitely her.
We got ready to leave and I weaved my way back through the store up to the front door and there she was, still looking at her rug choices. As this tired, weary pregnant woman headed to the door with the stroller in tow getting ready to the butt-bump and push to get out, Naomi was the only one who ran to get the door for me...very kind. By the way, where have all the Southern gentlemen gone? As we were coming through, she bent down to tell Clinton how handsome he was and that he had beautiful blue eyes. So, it must be true...I mean, it's not every day that a country music legend confirms what you hold to be true. :-) It's also not everyday that celebrities are friendly and helpful in public, so thanks, Naomi...you have no idea what a relief it was to my back not to have to bump and push that door today!!
And, no, I don't have pictures...I wouldn't have taken anyway...I don't like to bother them.
Shopping with Celebrities (ha!),

4 comments:
That's so cool!
Oh, my goodness! I think I would have died! I loved the Judds when I was growing up. I especially loved Naomi and all the "fancy" dresses she wore, haha!
I have one thing to confess - I have been a lurker of your blog for a while now! Clinton is super cute, and I am so excited for your new addition. One of my resolutions as a new mom is to keep better in touch with old friends, so I thought I better quit lurking and start commenting!
-Angela
Oh! I LOVE celebrities! I wouldn't have bugged her, but I would have watched her from afar. ;) And Hannah Montana! OMG *for real* - I would have had to say hi to her (and I bet you will be that way too when your kids l-o-v-e teen stars someady!) The Jonas Bros. live near us now, and we are always on the look-out. :) Anyway - of course Naomi thought Clinton is cute. He SO is!
that's really neat..
it just confirms that they are people just like us but with much more money..
the lead singer from lonestar was on my flight home from TN when clinton was born.. pretty cool..
but nothing to get crazy over..
Post a Comment