Monday, October 20, 2008

Let's "Talk"

Clinton is learning a few more words here and there, but he's really loving his signs. I love his signs, too....it has taken away a lot of frustration when he can clearly communicate to me what he wants. Don't worry...he's still working on his words...he has long spills of jibberish with hand motions and all....can't wait to see what he's really talking about there! Below are a few words Clinton has added to his vocabulary...and a few other things.

*Saturday Clinton and I ran to Hobby Lobby to get some of our supplies for our upcoming holiday crafts. I guess he was desperate to get something a little more "manly" around him and for the first time ever he signed "Daddy"...while saying "da da". This is a sign we've never practiced because he can say the word. But he watches his Baby Einstein "First Signs" DVD and must have picked it up from there.

*Clinton and I often talk about the Baby in mommy's belly. I ask him where it is and he slaps my belly...so gentle. I've gotten him to say "baby" a couple of times...which he does with an EXTREMELY thick southern accent, too cute...but the other day he signed it. Again, something he picked up from his video. Now we practice it because it's pretty cute to watch him sign it.

*And just today he started signing when he wants to brush his teeth...which is about 12 times a day. And he does the actual sign for it...another one from his video. He used to watch the video every morning, but has probably only seen it twice in the past 6 weeks, so I was surprised when he started using all these signs that we hadn't previously practiced.

*Clinton does not like to take much time out of his day to give mommy hugs and kisses...he's too busy running trucks into my antique furniture or jumping off the ottomans. However, when you put him in a shopping cart he wants you to bend over and hug him and kiss him the whole time...a desperate attempt at getting out, I'm sure. He also kisses my arms and hands over and over. And when in the cart, I have to park it in the center of the aisles. If Clinton can reach anything on the shelf, it is going to land on the floor...promise.

*Clinton's new word is "bool". There are pictures of my dad riding bulls above Clinton's bed. Every morning I lay him on the bed to change his diaper and in the last couple of weeks, he has been very interested in the pictures. So we talk about the bulls, and I ask "Who rides the bulls? Pop." So he says, "Bool". (Again, that thick accent coming out) ...and "Hop". He combines Pop and Hat when talking about his Pop and comes out with "Hop". Anyway, now everything is a "bool". Every picture in every book, every animal we see when we're driving, and just about anything I try to get him to eat....everything is a "bool".

*Every morning after Clinton gets his shoes on, he runs to the back door and says "side, side"...which means he wants outside. I then let him out and he runs up and down the backyard with his bubble mower with Gracie chasing behind. I'll try to get a video of this soon...it's pretty precious...especially when it was warm enough to turn him loose in his diaper and tennis shoes.

I realize not everyone wants to read a list of my child's grand achievements...but I know there are a couple of grandparents, great grandparents, and even an aunt who eat this kind of stuff up. This is for you!

Much love to all,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And they claim the Baby Einstein DVDs are not educational?