Saturday, October 11, 2008

Clinton's First Haircut

So, you may have noticed from the previous post that I finally caved and took Clinton for his first haircut. If everyone had been completely agreeable with me and not nagging me, I may have never cut it. But this particular day, I just decided to do it. While several of you posted sweet comments about it, I have to say it was quite traumatic for me. As you'll hear in the video, I specifically asked her to TRIM it. And that I did NOT want it short, just shaped up.

Well, needless to say, I was in tears the entire rest of the day. I would say 40% of that was pregnancy hormones and the other 60% was anger at the lady for not listening to me...but, hey, I guess that's what you get for $12. Our next appointment will be at the kids boutique in town, "Sweet and Sassy".

Now that a week has passed, I have gotten used to my little stinker's new look. All the silky baby hair is gone, but the curls didn't go anywhere...they got stronger! Now it's just kind of coarse and full of body like my hair. I was finally able to go back and look at the footage today and make this little video. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all very proud of you for doing it because we know how hard of a decision it was for you. Soon you will have another baby whose hair you can let grow out...and if it's a girl no one can say it looks funny if it gets long. How is your to-do list going? Your instructions were to keep asking to keep you accountable for it. P.S. How about those Horns? It is killing me that I am not in Austin right now.

Samantha said...

Wow, I am so impressed Clinton just sat there while she cut his hair. Tristan cries, screams, thrashes, hyperventilates, etc EVERY time. One lady even cut her finger he was so out of control!

Don't worry about his hair, he looks just as cute and you can always let it grow back.

Kathy said...

His hair looks really cute, but I totally know how hard that was. I cried for 2 weeks after we cut Garrett's. At least you still have curls. Garrett's are gone forever. :(