I can't even believe Clinton is 18 months old already! We went in for our appointment last week and the results are in:
Weight - 28.5 lbs (75th percentile)
Height - 35 inches (off the charts)
Head - I can't remember the measurement, but still off the charts
Clinton is continuing to reveal more and more of his personality and several things he's doing I think are worth noting.
* Clinton can pop his cheek by putting his pointer finger inside his cheek and popping it out... and he does it ALL the time. When I go in to get him in the mornings it's how he greets me and when he sees anyone new they too receive the precious greeting.
* Clinton LOVES to climb....EVERYTHING. He can climb up onto every bed in our house and jump on it. He can climb onto every chair, couch, and ottoman in our house and jump off of it. He climbs into the kitchen chairs just to climb up onto the table, and once even made it to the center of the table where I found him with both hands gripped on the chandelier above...whew, that was close. He has started pulling the drawers out of the dresser just enough to step into them and climb up to the top. Today he climbed the built in shelves in my closet up to the 3rd shelf to get a bottle of lotion--when he realized that I saw the lotion he slowly creeped into my closet and I found him in the fetal position with his eyes closed hidden among the hanging clothes clinging to the lotion. I have to stay on top of this kid constantly...he is always on the move and very quick!
* Clinton is signing a little. He can sign "More", "Eat", "Water", "All Done", and "Ball". We're working on "Please", "Thank You", and "Dog".
*His boots are made for running. Pop bought Clinton some real Justin Ropers while we were in Texas and Clinton wants to wear them all the time. He got stripped down to his diaper the other day for his doctor's appointment and he insisted having his boots back on. So, the doctor walked in to find him in a diaper and boots. Luckily, the doctor's from Texas too and found it precious. Clinton ran circles around us as we discussed his development. The doctor was impressed with how well he could get around in cowboy boots.
* Today we were jammin' to Jack Ingram in the car and the "Love You" song came on. Clinton immediately started bopping his head with his bottle still in his mouth. Then began rocking his head from one side of the car seat to the other...still clinging to the bottle. But as the drums picked up, he threw the bottle to the floor, threw his hands above his head and started clapping and bobbing his head as if he was at the best concert of his life. We listened to the song about 5 times on the way to dinner...I just couldn't get enough...it was hilarious.
Last Summer in Georgia with my Bek
1 month ago

1 comment:
Cute, but I'm ready for something new:)
Post a Comment