Monday, November 05, 2007

For the Record (Hush Little Baby)

One day, I'm going to print each of my blog posts and start combining them into a "book" of sorts, and this will be the closest thing my children will have to a documented baby book. Don't worry, I'll have digital scrapbooks made with their pictures, but as far as writing things down....this is it. Seeing as that is the case, I wanted to document our version of Hush Little Baby. See, my little Clinton LOVES music. He loves it when you sing to him and he cries when you stop...and many of the children's songs are so short! So, I rewrote this little tune into an extended version that was more to Clinton's liking....just wanted to write it down, so one day when I'm trying to remember the words to sing to one of Clinton's children I'll be able to find them and say, "I used to sing this song to your Daddy when he was a little boy."

Hush little baby, don't say a word
Momma's gonna buy you a mocking bird

If that mocking bird don't sing
Momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring

If that diamond ring don't shine
Momma's gonna buy you a golden mine

If that golden mine has none
Momma's gonna buy you a water gun

If that water gun does break
Momma's gonna buy you a juicy steak

If that juicy steak tastes bad
Momma's gonna buy you a cowboy hat

If that cowboy hat's too big
Momma's gonna buy you a truckin' rig

If that truckin' rig's too loud
Momma's gonna buy you a milking cow

If that milking cow runs dry
Momma's gonna buy you the Texas sky

If that Texas sky starts to rain
Momma's gonna buy you a choo choo train

If that choo choo train's too long
Momma's gonna buy you a country song

If that country song's too sad
Momma's gonna buy you a baseball bat

If that baseball bat don't swing
Momma's gonna buy you a trampoline

If that trampoline's not high
Momman's gonna find another lullaby


Goodnight, sweet boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the cowboy hat's going to be too big:)