Monday, November 12, 2007

Catching Up!

So I've been absent from my blog for a bit as I have been swamped with work, motherhood, housekeeping (ha ha, I know...but I promise I did all the laundry), packing, and traveling. I am now in Texas with my family and enjoying it thoroughly. There will not be any pictures on this post because I left my camera cord at home; however, I'm driving to Midland on Friday and I will go to a photo store and download my pics onto a disc so that I may share them with you.

Since I have so much to catch up on, this post with be a series of short stories...once you have read this you'll be up to date with the Williams' family. Enjoy.

Super Mom Strikes Again!

Okay, so I was trying to creatively child proof my home...meaning rather than locking up cabinets or constantly telling Clinton no and dragging him away from his little daily adventrues, I wanted to create areas with safe things for him to play with. I started with the lowest drawer in our bathroom vanity. This was filled with every medicine our house contained...not ideal for little curious hands that put everything in the mouth. So I boxed up the medicine, placed it on a high shelf, and filled the drawer with blocks. 1 transformed area down, 473 to go. Quite proud of myself, I ventured into the kitchen to address the lower cabinets filled with all the small appliances...food processor, mini food processors, blender, steamer, crock pot, chopper, quesadilla maker...everything you could ever need, right? Not too far from the kitchen sits one of my spare bathrooms with a fabulous linen closet full of extra and miscellaneous linens. Since we don't use these much, I moved the linens to the kitchen cabinet and the appliances with glass, blades, and other harmfuls to the linen closet. HOWEVER, while trying to carry too much at one time, I dropped my very durable blender onto the cooktop. What would have been great would have been if my blender had broken, but oh no that's not the kind of thing that happens in a Williams' house....no, my COOKTOP broke. My beloved gas cooktop that my husband lovingly bought me so I could cook all my gourmet meals was broken! I had no idea it was even glass. So now I have an eye sore on my counter, with jagged edges that are surely not childproof! No worries...we've got a new one on the way!


The CMA's Came, and I Went!

So, I got a pleasant surprise last week when I was invited to the CMA's by my neighbor. The Fishers seem to know anybody and everybody in town, and lucky for me they like me enough to share in their fortune. We had wonderful seats in the platinum section. We weren't on the floor with all the stars, but rather just a few rows up on the side where we could watch over them and also had an amazing view of the stage for all the wonderful performances. Some of my favorite stars that I got to see were Carrie Underwood, George Strait, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Nicole Kidman, Kate Walsh, and Brad and Kimberly Paisley. If you watched the show, you know it was full of amazing performances.

We also had tickets to the official CMA after party. Now, my overactive imagination had convinced me that the party would be wall to wall celebrities and we might even get some swag....no such luck. The only "celebrity" I saw was the lead singer of Emerson Drive, and that's boderline celebrity. It was really fun, though. There were probably 1,000 or so people with tons of food and drinks. And when I say food....I mean food. Anything you could possibly want they had. It was an amazing set up.

And I would like give a HUGE thanks to my sweet hubby for staying home with the baby and letting me enjoy a much needed night out!!!

Clinton Meets Conley...Was it love at first sight?

Friday one of my very best friends, Whitney, brought her very darling daughter, Conley, to meet my stinky little boy. Now, the two babies I spend the most time with are Clinton, who has a massive head and the build of a linebacker; and Dalby, who has rolls for days that you could just eat up 'cause they're so yummy. These two babies made Conley look like the most petite of petite things...of course, she's a little younger, but still. And those beautiful brown eyes! Clinton didn't tell me whether or not it was love for him, but it was for me! We have adorable pictures...will post later!

Clinton's First Parade and Trip to the Alamo

This story would be much better with all the adorable pictures, so I will post them as soon as I can. However, here's the story. While in San Antone this weekend, we stayed on the River Walk and enjoyed TONS of Mexican food. I've been so deprived of good Mexican food, that we literally had it for every meal we ate! Anyway, Saturday morning we walked by the Alamo and walked through the gardens...Clinton will obviously not remember his first trip (which was also my first trip!?), but we got some great pictures...which were really the highlight of the visit.

When we walked out of The Alamo we just happened to be there in time for a Veteran's Day parade. Now, I have mentioned several times how much Clinton loves music...and now I'm saying it again! He would get so excited every time a band would pass...his legs and arms would just go flailing about. Someone in the parade handed Clinton a little American flag and he waved it the whole time....too cute! A photographer even took our picture (me, dad, and Clinton). She was from the San Antonio Express, but our picture (we've been told) ended up in Sunday's Waco Tribune Herald...kind of a silhouette shot. Again, I'll post pictures soon....they're priceless.

Brendan Ties the Knot

So, the whole point of the San Antonio trip was Brendan's Wedding. It was wonderful. The service was at San Jose Mission...beautiful, and very neat...lots of history. The reception was at Sunset Station...and talk about a reception. I've never seen anything like it. First of all, the building is a restored train station with some of the most intricate detailing and artistic work all along the walls and ceiling. We sat at a table in the balcony (with all the other Meridian people) that overlooked the main floor and dance floor. There were two bands that played, food that seemed to never end, and tons of great conversation!

I got to catch up with a couple of old classmates, sweet Nathan and Rob--so good to see you guys! And of course, Chelsea and I got to spend lots of time with our youngest "sister", Hali. Hali spent the night in our room...and truly if you saw the three of us together, you really would think we were all sisters....nothing is left out...there's laughter, bickering, sharing secrets...it's all there.

The most interesting part of the whole night was how my child was able to sleep through it all. The band was very loud, but Clinton fell asleep in his stroller and slept upstairs. Between myself, my parents, Dana, Tom, and Hali Henderson, Roger and Sky Parsons, and Chelsea...and I think Clinton was probably checked on every 2.5 minutes or so!

It was such a great time and we'd like to thank the Day and Lomas families!


This Kid is Weird

My poor baby has a bit of a head cold, maybe allergies. Anyway, his little nose just keeps running and there's not a lot I can do. One of the things my pediatrician did say to do was to use my little suction thing, which we call a boogerdang, to suction out the snot. Have you ever tried doing this to a baby? They hate it! ...and not just a little. They will fight you to the end just to keep that boogerdang out of their nose. EXCEPT my son. He loves it! He just sits there and waits for it, laughs when you do it, and gets mad when you put it down. I'm glad he makes it easy for me, but don't you think that's a little odd??


Well, that's it for now...I'm sure you'll be on the edge of your seat just waiting for the pictures! Don't hold your breath...it'll be at least Friday before they get here! Take care...and love to all--Courtney

1 comment:

Hali Bell said...

I loved having our slumber party, just like old times. I still need a name .. not as complicated as Chelsea's but whatever is good. also I would like to get a copy of that last photo session we took I loved it. it was priceless.