Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Those Who Play Hard Fall Hard

Clinton is continuing to keep us entertained and amused. Everyday he looks more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby. Part of me is sad, wishing I still had that sweet smelling cuddle bug to hold as he slept hours on end. Another part of me is so proud of the little things he learns and tries everyday. This week he learned to get from his belly to his bottom--this is a big deal! Today he pulled up by himself for the first time--another big deal! (unfortunately it was in the bathtub, so I had to catch him as his feet began to slip) He has gone from eating 2 jars of food a day to 5 a day....and I've lost count of the number of bottles we go through...what a porker! Laughing is something we hear in our house throughout the day...Clinton loves to be tickled creating a very infectious laugh. He also laughs when someone else laughs...and he ALWAYS laughs at Gracie!

Clinton's new favorite thing is his walker....he's all over the house. He follows Rodney from room to room and screams when he gets out of sight. The walker has been such a nice relief for my arms because now he can get from one room to the other without help!

A funny thing happened to my very large child today. We went to the dentist office. I had Clinton dressed in khakis and a really cute Baby Gap shirt that made him look like a little boy. In the waiting room a lady sat beside us and Clinton immediately looked up and made a noise that sounded exactly like, "Hi." Maybe it was...who knows. Anyway--the woman thought he spoke to her and he continued to make eye contact with her and laugh and smile at her. She started talking to me about how much work it must be to keep up with him as he runs around and how hard toddlers are. Before she carried on too much about the toddler years I had to interrupt her and inform her that my child was actually a baby....and he can barely even crawl. Then we got the usual, "Oh, wow. You sure are a big boy!"

I have a child who doesn't want to sleep if there is even the slightest possibility something might happen. As is evident from these pictures, he will play to the last possible second.




My friend Heather has been coming out to the house occasionally to watch Clinton so I can work. Below are some cute pictures of Clinton with Heather's baby, Dalby. These two love staring at each other and make each other smile. It's so cute to watch them together. Today Clinton crawled over and kissed Dalby on the forehead....then as Heather and I were ooing and awing over it, he head butted her....charming, son.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Clinton is on his way now! He is going to be all over the place before you know it.

MiGi●MiGi said...

Hi..
I just passed by..
Btw, you're Clinton is so cute..

Unknown said...

That's a good sign that when Clinton grows up, it isn't hard to bring him to the dentist's office. When my son, Dave, is only two years old, my wife and I brought him to our family dentist's office. We were so happy of his behavior there since he's very cooperative during the check-up and teeth cleaning process. Besides, our family dentist in Columbia, S.C. area is very reliable and professional. He's the only dentist (West Columbia) practitioner that our family trusted for so many years.

Thanks for sharing cute photos of Clinton!