Friday, October 26, 2007

Super Mom!

I often jokingly refer to myself as Super Mom, and my friends knowingly laugh because I'm the mom who locks her kid in the car at the grocery on a 110 degree day requiring a fire crew for rescue, I'm the mom who rolls her eyes at her kid for whining all the way through Target only to discover when it's time to leave I can't find my keys anywhere until I see them underneath my child jabbing him in the back, and I'm the mom who has on several occassions forgotten to pack diapers in the DIAPER bag!! Well, I recently had another lapse in judgement...but Clinton thoroughly enjoyed this one. Becoming a mom pretty much means giving up time to yourself, free hands to do what should be easy tasks now turned complicated with one hand, and a schedule revolved around you. Well, the other day....I just wanted to eat a hot breakfast....a homemade breakfast burrito with eggs, black beans, and rotel....and I wanted to make it with two hands and eat it sitting in a chair by myself. So, to entertain my child I handed over a bowl of smashed up bananas that he refused to eat and enjoyed a good 15 minutes to prepare and eat my breakfast and even had some time to take pictures!

This is one lapse in judgement that is sure to be repeated!!!










No comments: