Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Little More Cowboy

Another photo shoot...I wish I could promise to pull myself together and stop doing this, but I can't...or won't.

I forgot to mention on the last post that Clinton has achieved a couple of milestones recently. During the monkey photo shoot, he finally discovered his thumb. I have seen him sucking on it just a time or two, though. He still seems to prefer chewing on his left pointer finger. And on June 27, Clinton rolled over! We were so excited because we had been told he could be a bit delayed due to his larger size...but no real delays here. Rodney and I were both sitting there watching when he did it...and it was precious. First he would lift his feet high in the air, then drop them over to his right side. There he laid for a few minutes pondering what to do next. It's a bit tricky for a baby because that right arm is laying between their body and the floor just getting in the way. He tried a couple of times to just roll easily as if the arm wasn't there, but each time the arm rolled him back to his side where he would sigh a little and then ponder again. After a few tries, Clinton threw his left leg back to the floor behind him and then threw it back across his body. Enough momentum was created to pull his entire body over his arm and he was on his stomach. You would have thought he had just scored the winning touchdown of a National Championship game (like Vince Young did) the way Rodney and I went to cheering him on. Clinton was so happy. He pushed up as high as he could on his arms and just grinned from ear to ear. Then he began working on his next feat...crawling. This resulted in about 90 seconds of swimming motion and then wailing. Now, everytime we lay him down he rolls over, swims and then screams...but I'm still proud of him. A couple of things I should note...if Gracie is around Clinton loves laying on his stomach watching her....and Clinton can't roll from his stomach to his back (which is supposed to be easier), but we'll continue to work on it.






No comments: