Wednesday, August 24, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish, Big Fish, Scary Fish

Right before the kids and I took off for Texas at the end of July, Rodney and I packed up the mini and made a day trip to the Tennessee Aquarium.  The kids had a great time, but I'm not sure if it was the huge fish or the toys at the gift shop or the amazing chicken strips at the food court that they loved best.  Maybe it's fair to say they loved it all.

As usual, Heidi Sage and Rex took full advantage of all the services provided to them.  Not gonna lie, I would have paid somebody a thousand bucks to push me around that place.  If I didn't exceed the weight limit on the stroller, I might have kicked HS out of her seat and had Rodney push me.

And while Heidi Sage enjoyed the ride from the car into the aquarium, it wasn't long before she was up and narrating the. entire. tour.  She told us about everything.  Big fishies.  Wittle fishies.  Scawee shawks.  And even pointed out about 3,248 of 3,400 butterflies in the butterfly room.


Clinton mostly just cared about the sharks.  Thanks to his Uncle Brian, Clinton has very strange love-hate feelings towards sharks.  He thinks they're too awesome, but at the same time they kill people...and that makes them mean.


Heidi Sage soaked it all in.  And while she has a larger than life personality, seeing her standing in this window looking at the "OH-shen" reminds me how little she still is.

And while sharks were Clinton's highlight, he was interested in everything.  As we got to each creature he wanted us to read some facts to him about the animal.  He needed to know what kind of animal it was, what it ate (specifically what kinds of other animals it killed), where it lived, and how big it would get.  I enjoy his curiosity and appreciate his need to know...but after a few hundred animals, I just need him to be an observer...not a researcher.  ;-)


Heidi Sage wasn't sure about everything.  Some things were strange enough she felt the need to return to her seat and instruct me to keep moving.

...but then again, some things (like penguins) took a good 30 minutes to view.

Clinton really wished this turtle hadn't died millions of years ago...he wanted to meet it.

But he, of course, found lots of other things to meet face to face (through the glass).


We also had to take a few pictures just of us...with no fish.  Here's me and my "big boy".  I'm no longer allowed to call him my baby.  He gets a bit irate over it.

And here's Rex who pretty much looked like this the whole time because he's not really one for crying, moaning, or complaining.  Just happy to be here.  Just happy we remembered to bring him...not like we forget him a lot....in fact it was only once...and I realized it just as I pulled out of the driveway...he was alone for maybe 30 seconds...but I digress.

I'm pretty sure that's not the smile I was referring to when I asked you to say "CHEEEEZE"...but I guess it's still adorable even if it is a hurry-the-hell-up look.

Heidi Sage with her Daddy.


 And who do you think had the cutest bum at the aquarium?  That would be Heidi Sage.




2 comments:

JB said...

so with you on the leaving rex part - can't tell you how many times i get halfway to franklin then PANIC making sure charley is with us! glad i'm not the only one :)

Nikki said...

Adorable pics, we need to get your newest cutie up in the blog header :)

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com - blog design to change the world