Monday, August 22, 2011

I Heart Boys, Too.

For as long as I could remember, I've been telling people I would be the mother of 4 girls.  No boys.

When Rodney and I met I stood strong by my claim.  As we neared our wedding day I sweetly reminded him of what his future would hold.  And a year and half later when we found out we were getting snuck in for an early ultrasound, I couldn't wait to see our little girl.

Only she wasn't...a girl.  She was a he.  And he was Clinton.  I remember sitting in shock.  And I called my mother and cried because I had no idea what I would do with a boy.

Now 2 boys later, it seems loving them is just as natural and joyful as loving a girl.  Imagine that.

There's less than four years between these two sweet boys, and I so hope they are close.  I already see how much they love playing together.  Clinton is so sweet and protective.  Rex is enamored.  They laugh together.  They scream in delight together.  And each of them seems deeply concerned when the other is crying.

When in a room together, you can often find them like this...

...and both are usually equally innocent...

...or not.


But boys will be boys.  And sometimes the girls will love it.  And sometimes....well, they've had enough.





No comments: