Monday, October 17, 2011

Hanging Around

Despite the fact that I often find myself wanting a small break, I keep reminding myself that next year Clinton will go to kindergarten...KINDERGARTEN!...and our lazy weekdays will be coming to a halt.  So, we've spent many days just sitting in the kids' rooms playing.  Just visiting with each other.  Just laughing together.  Just being.

I love watching the kids interact with each other.  I love seeing what makes them all laugh together.  And I love watching how much they each watch and react off of each other.  They're funny.

I find it interesting that Heidi Sage will sit for 30 minutes and play Batman and Robin with Clinton, then turn around and start playing dress up and baby dolls.



I love it that Rex is the only one Clinton doesn't get mad at for knocking over all of his Imaginext toys.


I'm entertained at Clinton's efforts to fight for the camera lens.  And, yes, he's four...just in case you didn't get that.  He's the oldest.  The biggest.  And most importantly, he believes he is the boss.  


While he won't admit it, I'm happy to report he is also quite the caretaker.  He loves on his brother and sister daily (with an occasional beat down) and won't let anyone else lay a finger on them.  He's our protector.


Rex is our little tag along.  He is DESPERATE to keep up with his brother and sister.  He's crawling, pulling up and cruising.  And a couple of times he's let go to stand alone for a few seconds.  I imagine it's just a matter of time before he's off with the troops.


Clinton makes sure to drop in and say hi from time to time...just to make sure he's not lonely.  :-)  Actually, if Rex wakes up and I don't make it in his room within 23 seconds, I can usually find one of the older kids in his crib keeping him company.  I just hope the crib holds up!



Yes, we're using this year to make sure we enjoy our down time.  I already have glimpses of schedules filling up, and car pools to run in.  I'm soaking up our 'lax routine and do-as-we-please schedules.  They will truly be missed one day....soon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the boys hairstyles! Hard to believe that kindergarten is just around the corner for you guys. I will miss the days of no schedules!