So, Wednesday marked the 36 week point for me. It's crazy to think that in less than a month....actually, sometime this month...Baby Williams #3 will make his debut. Crazy.
I have not documented this pregnancy the way I did the previous one, and sure not the way I did the first one. There just wasn't time for it. And honestly, there were days we were so busy, I even forgot I was pregnant.
This pregnancy has been much easier than the other two. The anemia was controlled from the beginning and my sciatica has been minimal to nonexistent. I've had some circulation and swelling problems with one leg, including a varicose vein, but that was far easier to deal with than the problems I've had in the past. I also have not had all the preterm labor I had with the other two. No terbutalene. No trips to the ER. No nights crying because the pain just wouldn't go away.
The only thing that has been far worse is the exhaustion, but I think that has more to do with older two children than the actual pregnancy itself.
I went in for my appointment yesterday. The doctor informed me I had already started dilating and was 50% effaced. She didn't see me making it to Thanksgiving. In fact, she just told me to be good so I could make it at least one more week. Got to be careful with those baby boy lungs!
My mom is scheduled to come up Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I was hoping to make it until then...but I've come to terms with that not being likely. What scares me is not having a scheduled induction as I did with the other two. I have a history of quick deliveries...and they're said to be slower when induced with pitocin than if you were to naturally go into labor.
I labored for 5 hours with Heidi Sage and pushed once. So, I'm a little anxious...I REALLY like my epidurals. I'm worried if my water breaks, I won't have to time to get my kids situated and get to the hospital in time for an epidural...or even for the delivery! :-/ So, keep me and the baby in your prayers...
Here's that baby belly everyone is so interested in.


2 comments:
Congrats on Baby #3!!!! You look FANTASTIC!! Don't fret about being a ticking time bomb, I am a fast deliverer to and on the last one I lived an hour and a half from the hospital!! I pushed three time and it was over... no epi for either kiddo. Praise God it goes fast and you don't remember! I will pray that you make it in time and that all goes well! Good Luck!
Yay, baby soon! Hopefully you will make it until Deborah gets there.
And FYI, I was 90/95% effaced and 4 cm dilated at 35 weeks with Parker, ended up staying exactly that way for 5 more weeks, only to be induced on my due date. So, you may just make it :) And don't worry about the non-scheduled delivery (Tristan) versus the scheduled (Parker), I actually preferred the non-scheduled...
Post a Comment