Friday, October 09, 2009

Play Dates Are Awesome

At the request of our friend Tanya, we hosted a play group this week and it was such a great idea! We'll be doing it again very soon!

Clinton had a BIG time with all the big kids. Clinton, Anderson (Annie), Hutch (who I don't have a single picture of!), and Bek all played together in the back yard. For several days before, Clinton and I talked about how his friends were going to come over to play and how he needed to SHARE his toys.

I had no idea if he was grasping it or not, but when his friends got here he shared everything he had and did not have one meltdown!! I had to pinch myself!

Heidi Sage, on the other hand, missed her morning nap and was too busy with everyone around that she wouldn't go to sleep...so she was the one who ended up having the meltdown! I know, I know....I thought she was content all the time?? She is...except when I push her over the edge of hunger or exhaustion!

Below are the little kids. From left to right we have: Abby (Twin A), Lucy, Heidi Sage, and Norah (Twin B).


Sweet Anderson. She and Clinton see each other every week at Bible study. They're so funny. They are always SO excited to see each other, but they often fight like siblings. They're both quite feisty. Anderson is the youngest of four so she knows how to hold her own!


Darling Bek. This was Bek's first time to come over and play with us. He's another one of our friends who was adopted from Ethiopia. He's only about 15 months old, but like Clinton, he thinks he's about 10. He did such a good job keeping up with Clinton and Hutch who are both 2+.


I love this pic because you can see the size difference between Clinton and Bek, but like I said, Bek had no problems keeping up with the big boys. They ran up and down and up and down and up and down the back yard! It was so fun to watch!


Tanya with the twins who got pooped out with all the activity going on!


That afternoon Hutch and Bek's moms reported back that they both took 3 hour naps. And while Clinton didn't bless me with one of those, Heidi Sage took a 2 1/2 hour nap! That's her longest nap by about an hour and a half!! I guess she really was tired!

Clinton did impress me with a conversation we had later...it went something like this...

"Mommy! I pay!"

"Yes, you did play. Did you have fun with your friends today?"

"Jes. I shrrr."

"Huh?"

"I shrrr my toes."

Fighting back tears of joy, "Oh, you sure did share your toys! Mommy's so proud of you! Give me five!"

Big smiles all around.


Looking forward to next time,

3 comments:

Becky said...

So cute! Bek loved hanging with the big boys...can't wait to do it again!!

Anonymous said...

I gave you an award on my blog. Visit my blog and check it out.

bugsy said...

Hey Courtney,
Thanks for the note on my blog. For some reason I have a computer that eats your email address, so I will just post you a note here. ;) Someday I will figure out all the ins and outs of the blogger world. Maybe in Indo when I have all my "free" time. So much to do before we leave... Chris says Hi. We enjoy reading your blog!