Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Girl Talk

Anyone who has seen me around town lately, can probably tell that I L-O-V-E having a little girl. Don't get me wrong, I L-O-V-E my boy, but getting him dressed is more about explaining why we can't wear clothes out of the hamper or why a green plaid shirt with blue Mater socks is out of the question. All the while, across the hall there sits a closet full of beautiful things that make me happy. Like orange and black Halloween tutus, funky striped tights, sparkly shoes and ginormous hair bows in every imaginable color and pattern.



Yes, having a girl is so. much. fun. One day it will be all attitude and eye rolling, but for now it is bliss. And I'm savoring the moment.

Clinton has always been a Daddy's boy. The only time he picked me over Daddy was when he was sick, which was a lot pre-surgery, but still it wasn't the same kind of I-want-to-spend-every-moment-with-you love that he showed for his Dad. There was a small part of my heart that ached for that.

Well, my heart aches no more. Heidi Sage is definitely a Mommy's girl. On my hip or in my face is her favorite place to be. She loves talking to me about whatever babies talk about and then she'll laugh with big sparkly eyes, throw her arms up with that jerky baby motion, and then bury her face in my shoulder....and my heart melts every single time.

When we're sitting down she likes to put her forehead up to mine and shake it back forth to give me Eskimo kisses...as well as some open mouth kisses all over my face. Nothing like baby slobber all over your face.

Heidi Sage is so content. People ask me all the time, "Is she always like this?" And I can honestly tell them, "Yes. She's just very happy." It makes it so tempting to go ahead and try for #3...but I'm no fool. After two good babies, I'm surely due for a bad one.

Heidi is growing....and it is effecting her sleep...and mine. She gets up around midnight and then again around 5ish to eat. At her 6 month appointment today I realized why. Her 4 month stats left her in the 25th percentile. Her 6 month stats left her in the 25th percentile for weight (15 lbs 1 oz.), but she had shot up to the 60th percentile for height (26.5 in)! She grew 2.5 inches over the last two months. Her head circumference also shot up to the 75th percentile, so she just might be following in her bother's footstep....skinny, tall and one big ole' noggin'!



I've included a couple of pics of Heidi Sage. One of her in a new dress with some sassy tights sportin' some flower power; and another wearing an outfit that was mine when I was little. As soon as I can find the cord to my other camera, I'll be downloading some pictures of some REALLY cute Halloween outfits made by a very loving grandmother (Bebe)!

With sugar and spice,

4 comments:

Alicia said...

she is growing so fast...man oh man...i love all her pictures and she just looks so sweet!

Samantha said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Cuteness, but I'm going to need you to find your camera cord soon so I can see her Halloween outfits:)

Lindsey said...

She is so precious! We have an outfit like the one from when you were little but in yellow. Mom saved it and all the girls have worn it. So much fun!!
~Lindsey