Okay, so there are the big things I am forever thankful for--my baby, my husband, my family, our health, food on the table, a roof over our head, etc. However, as a new mother...there are some conveniences I am also thankful for...thought I'd share these in case one of my other new-mommy friends needs a helpful tip.
(1) Starbucks placed in the front part of Target. I didn't really need another reason to go into my favorite store, but this really just makes my trips even more pleasurable. My current favorite order -- Iced Venti Black Tea.
(2) The drive-thru at Chick-fil-A...like I'm going to get out of the car with a 21 lb. baby if I don't have to...especially if he's asleep. I also really like that
you can substitute a fresh fruit cup for the fries...but I don't ALWAYS do that.
(3) The baggers at Publix Grocery insisting on carrying my groceries to the car (and not accepting tips). It's about 20 seconds where someone else is entertaining Clinton and pushing the cart and I can just walk across the parking lot hands free!
(4) Williamson County Library--free entertainment! Books, movies, DVDs...things that help Clinton pass the time! I've also checked out some books for myself.
(5) Williamson County Rec Center. For only $225, I got a full year's family membership which includes the cardio and weight rooms, gymnasium, indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, volleyball courts...AND...drum roll, please...childcare! Yes, I can go and workout without having to coordinate childcare or work around Rodney's travel schedule. And it beats trying to walk out in these terrible 100+ days.
(6) Online banking and direct deposit. I remember Mother dragging us into the bank when we were little girls...and I'm sure the personal service is great, but so is one less errand!
(7) Organic baby food...I had every intention of making all of Clinton's food, and will continue to from time to time...however, between the house, the baby, and the job (without childcare and a traveling husband), I have had to take some shortcuts to maintain some level of sanity...organic baby food is a shortcut I can live with without enduring much guilt.
(8) Kashi frozen dinners. If you like health-food, which I do, these are pretty yummy and easy for a quick lunch when your hands are full. Tasty, healthy, natural.
(9) Sundresses--a whole outfit on a hanger. The only thing I have to think about is flip flops and minimum makeup. I can throw my hair up on my head, and I'm ready to go. Dresses are also very forgiving to a post partum body.
(10) And to round out the top 10, those mesh bags for babies to chew on. If you haven't seen them, they're little mesh bags that you can put fresh fruit in. The baby can then chew on it without the worry of choking. If I need a few minutes, I can stick some watermelon or an orange slice in one and Clinton can entertain himself for about 10 minutes while I finish whatever I'm working on...it's great!
If you other mothers have any helpful hints, please post them in the comments! I love helpful tips and shortcuts! If I think of anymore, I will post them.
Hope everyone is doing well! Much love-Courtney and family
Last Summer in Georgia with my Bek
1 month ago

2 comments:
Hmmmnnnn, where should I start...
1. Binkys - not to hush your child with, but a "security blanket" in order to fall asleep
2. Binky holders - especially when your child throws any and everything he can get his hands on
3. Pack and Plays - they serve as cheap changing tables for your bedroom, a place for baby to sleep and a confined area for your little one while you are taking a shower
4. San Marcos Outlet Mall - the best place to buy tons of stylin' baby clothes at a cheap price
5. Small Chicco Stroller - so much easier, smaller, lighter and more convenient than the original giant stroller
6. Puffs - great beginning finger foods so your child can feed himself without choking
7. Friends with older kids - they can tell you all the worthwhile activities and toys, AND your kid can try out their toys to see if they like it before you buy it!
8. Babies R' Us - one stop shopping with tons of baby stuff you need and even more stuff you really don't need, but buy anyway
9. Jumperoos - the best entertainment for your 4 to 7 month old, they can bounce forever, but forget it once they get mobile
I forgot one really important one...
DIGITAL CAMERAS - they let you capture those precious times of your baby's life and make it easy to share with family and friends
Post a Comment