We had such a great Christmas this year. Such a great Christmas.
My parents decided to drive up so they could bring me my piano that my Mama Peggy left to me. Knowing my parents would be here and that my piano was coming was pretty exciting...BUT THEN...but then I found out my Grammy and Grampy were coming. I was "soo excited"--as Clinton would say.
I was excited for myself, but I was also excited for them and my kids. They usually only see us when we're visiting Texas. My kids are usually tired from an interrupted schedule and they're a little off from being out of their element. They also just get to see Grammy and Grampy on day trips...and sometimes it takes my kids a while to warm up.
So...this was a great chance to my kids and their great grandparents to really get to spend some time together and get to know each other. When my kids are rested and comfortable in their environment and had a day or two to warm up to their guests, they can be quite fun.
We did all kinds of fun things while they were here...
...we skyped with family in Indonesia.
...we spent lots of time decorating all of our packages wrapped in my beloved brown Kraft paper.
...lots of time.
...but it was fun. We all sat at the table and worked on them. It's not one of our family get togethers unless there are at least 7 craft projects to work on.
A tree surrounded by masterpieces that would be ripped to shreds the next day.
One of the highlights of the visit for me was making Christmas dinner with my grandmother. My grandmother and I talk about food and cooking a lot. We kind of love it. And I loved having a chance to cook with my grandmother again.
A close up of our pork loin masterpiece. It was UH-mazing.
Then it was time to try to get some pictures. We, of course, never remember to do these things when we're all dressed up. Instead we wait until the night before when everyone is ready for bed and our guests are getting up to leave early the next morning...but we had to get pictures regardless.
Four Generations--Great Grammy (Jean), Bebe (Deborah), Mommy (me!), and Clinton, Heidi Sage, and Rex
The boys attacking me. I already have nightmares of how this is going to play out in a few years when they're combined weight will be more than mine.
Me and my Grammy. Love her.
Me and my Grampy and Grammy. Two of the best grandparents a girl could ask for.

1 comment:
Хорошо!!!
Post a Comment