He's here. He's beautiful. And other than a very stubborn bilirubin count, he's perfect. Rex Davis FINALLY joined our family on November 27, 2010 at 12:56 a.m. True, he was scheduled for the 29th...but by the 27th we really felt like we had waited long enough...at least I had!
Rex joined the world at 8 lbs. and 20.5 in. long. He has a head of jet black hair just like his brother did, but he's a spitting image of his father. I guess since I already have two kids that look like me, it was time for Rodney to have one that looked like him. :-)
Rex is quite jaundice and sleeps a lot in his bili blanket...so we don't really feel like we've gotten to know him very well just yet. We are looking forward to the day he feels better and can spend a little more time awake! He has beautiful eyes and we all seem to just hover over him waiting for those precious things to open.
My recovery has gone smoothly, but I still wouldn't have made it through this first week without my mother. She graciously spent a week at our house jumping at my every request. With all the doctor visits we've had to take Rex to, this has been a saving grace!
The kids were SOOOO excited when we arrived home with Rex. Heidi Sage still runs up to him, touches him with her pointer finger, runs in place, and squeals, "A bay-bee! A bay-bee!" You can often find her at his side showering him with kisses and delivering him a paci. She asks to hold him often, but not for long...she's a busy girl.
Clinton loves to walks by and rub his little head. He's the first to let me know if Rex is crying and gives him words of encouragement until I can get to him. "It's okay Baby Rex. It's okay."
Both of the kids are looking forward to teaching Rex everything they know (such as Heidi Sage below teaching Rex about body parts) and share their toys with him (Clinton has been wanting to share his cars).
We have been overwhelmed with the big kids' affections for Baby Rex. It's so heartwarming to witness such pure adoration for another person. Don't get me wrong, our kids are normal and have had the occasional "adjustment" meltdown or tantrum...but overall they are just excited to have a new member in the family.
Three kids under the age of four is sure to have it's challenges...but I wouldn't change a thing.
Mother to THREE,









6 comments:
oh.. what precious pictures. How blessed you are! You ARE going to survive--even thrive.
Prayers for the bili count. Can't wait to meet him. Call me if you need me.
Joyfully,
Susan
So precious, congratulations!
I can't wait till I have another, but I am going to wait a few more years till we can get our finances in order :) Congratulations!
He is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!
A belated congratulations!! I now understand why I didn't know about Rex's birth. I was in Oklahoma jumping at Sara's every request... which she didn't request much. Precious Lexi Reese was born on November 19th just a few days before Rex made his appearance. Both babies are amazing!
Congratulation!!!
God bless you to have enought time, energy, smiling to growing these 3 beautiful babies :-)))
An unknown other mother from Hungary :-)) Pat
Post a Comment