Sunday, August 08, 2010

A Little Play Time

One of my favorite rooms in our house is the play room. And lately, the kids have found themselves often confined to the said room as I work tirelessly to keep the house clean for showings. Heidi Sage is at an age where I can leave the kids upstairs together for short periods of time. The slightest squawk or a moment of silence, sends me up the stairs in a sprint.

Sometimes I find them playing fine...Heidi Sage in her kitchen, Clinton with his trains. Sometimes Clinton is fighting HS out of his monster truck bin. And sometimes I get to witness precious moments like these...

...luckily I was able to sneak back down the stairs without them seeing me, grab my camera, and sneak back up for a few shots. I ended up staying for a while and capturing a few shots of our everyday life.

Both of the kids like playing trains...but they have different styles of play. And Clinton is NOT a fan of Heidi Sage's style.




As promised, I also have pictures of Clinton's art work that I have displayed around the play room. Clinton loves seeing his work up on the wall and tells everyone about it when they come over. With some freebie and Good-will frames and a can of spray paint, his art work has made for some great decorations. The larger print on the left hand side was just framed using the matte that came in the frame. The large print on the right was framed with the matte plus some grosgrain ribbon for embellishment. The small pieces were cut out artwork Clinton had done at school. I put some bright colored paper behind them for a background and hung them in their frames. Love.



All about recess and art time,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very CUTE!!!!

Alicia said...

VERY CUTE!! I love her table with her purse hanging on the chair! Both have BEAUTIFUL eyes!