Think back to your college days. And let's just say you went to a party with some friends. And let's just say you had a drink or two or twelve. And let's just say you woke up the next morning feeling like you had been run over 27 mack trucks. Let's just say.
I've heard the first thing you reach for is something greasy... Well, that's exactly what I've been reaching for lately. It's about the only thing that doesn't make feel like I'm about to hurl. And my go-to these days is Sonic. Mmmm...
So, we've been frequenting 3 of our local locations in order to get me feeling decent enough to finish the day. And my kids know as soon as the bag hits the window what's inside. They can smell it. Clinton starts yelling, "I want pa-pies! I want pa-pies!" (french fries) And Heidi Sage starts pointing and squawking at the bag....and I know what she wants are the tater tots. And of course all I want is my cheeseburger with mayo, no onions or pickles, and add jalapenos...and a cherry Sprite...but nobody cares how fast I need to get that into my mouth.
Even when I've tried tricking Clinton by getting and eating my food before I pick him up from school, he will get in the car, put his nose up in the air, start sniffing, and then say..."What dat smell? Mmm. Mells good!" "I don't know what that is, Clinton." "It's pa-pies! I want pa-pies!" Well, crap.
I just recently started letting Heidi Sage in on the tater tots from Sonic and waffle fries from Chick-fil-A, but she has quickly learned what they are and what they smell like. She never misses a serving.
These pictures are from one of our pit stops to Sonic while en route to Target. Clinton fell asleep so HS and I sat in the truck and ate our treats in the Target parking lot. Heidi Sage was not only excited about her treat, but that she wasn't having to share it....
Looking for a lost tot...
Conked out...
One happy camper...
Your Reigning Miss "#1 Combo w/Cheese" Queen,






1 comment:
So funny. I love it. If I've had chocolate (which really only happens sometimes, of course), A can smell it in a heartbeat and says "Momma, chwoclate?" Foiled.
P.S. - Love the Carter's on HS.
Post a Comment