Monday, April 27, 2009

Melting Mommy's Heart

I think Clinton has made it through the peak of his adjustment period, or maybe he's just giving mommy a break...but whatever it is we're loving it!

He has been so loving lately with EVERYONE in the family, including little Miss Heidi. He loves holding her and the other day I went to get her out of her bed and a bottle had been lovingly placed by her head. Clinton also likes to make sure that Heidi has her blanket. Now, Clinton doesn't go anywhere (especially to bed) without his special blanket....so, he likes to make sure Heidi also has hers. And he also gets a little upset when she doesn't have a bow in her "hair". He'll start smacking the top of his own head while looking at Heidi and saying, "Eh, eh!" So, we go get her a headband with coordinating bow and he is happy...and so is mommy!


Clinton has also been showing mommy some lovin'. While most little boys pick flowers for the girl they love, my son picks shrubs. He ran in the house the other day with this for me and I have proudly displayed it in a vase by the front door. (I wonder how many girls from my Bible study noticed it this morning and wondered where I get my decorating taste??)


Soakin' up the love,

2 comments:

Kathy said...

AWWWWW! SO sweet! I love that he makes sure she has her bow. That's too cute!

Mama Jeannie said...

Sweet sweet memories! Love the gift of shrub. :0) Too cute.