But make no mistake, we are extremely excited...we just find ourselves being a little more relaxed this time around. Since I decided that we didn't want to find out what we're having, I haven't wanted to invest a lot in a new nursery until I know what we're having. And let's be honest, the baby's going to sleep in a bassinet in our room for a while anyway. I'm not high-tailing it across the house to nurse every 3 hours during the night.
I haven't ordered bedding, but don't think I haven't thought about it! Chelsea has a gorgeous quilt and shams that our grandmother made her that she is gift-loaning me if it's a girl. Then mother can make a coordinating bumper for the crib, if she wants. And if it's a boy....well, okay...I haven't really thought about that. Might use what we already have, mother might want to make something new, or Rodney has talked about buying something. So it appears that all options are open.
I haven't pulled the stuff out of the attic--i.e. the swing, exersaucer, bassinet--because they're just one more thing to vacuum around, and I prefer a few more months without that.
And a name...ugh. So fun, but so hard. I love names with meaning or family names. We, once again, have had no problems picking out a boys name. And while I can't reveal what it is, I can say it's a family name all the way--one name from Rodney's dad's side, and one name from my dad's side. If it's a girl, I think we'll all be surprised. Rodney and I have FINALLY come up with a handful of names we both agree on, but we're nowhere near a decision. Just for kicks, here are some names that didn't make the cut. A few of Rodney's suggestions that I vetoed-- Brianna, Helen, and Sarah. A few of my suggestions that Rodney vetoed-- Felicity, Monroe, and Merritt. These are all great names, but for one reason or another--usually someone from our past--these names were booted from the short list.
Now, to the belly. It's still here. It's still growing. And it's still moving.
This baby moves non-stop and is all over the place. I told Rodney to not be surprised if we bring home two babies, because that's what it feels like is in there!
I got to see two doctors last week. On Tuesday I went in for my regular appointment. I've gained about 15 pounds and I'm measuring about two weeks behind. So, my fears of ballooning with this pregnancy have not happened--but I've got 10 weeks to go!
And on Friday I "got" to take my first trip to the hospital. I woke up about 2.30a with severe pains and contractions. I was so tired, I kept falling back to sleep but having really bad dreams about the pain. At 4.30a, Clinton and I both woke up and I took some Tylenol and settled in for a morning of Disney entertainment. By 8.30a, the Tylenol had worn off, the pain was searing, and I was starting to worry. So, I took my first round of Terbutaline. No luck. At 9.30a, I took my second round of Terb. The contractions were easing but the pain was lingering. So, I started making phone calls. Rodney was out of town--I needed a ride to the hospital and someone to watch Clinton. My neighbor graciously took me and one of her best friends who lives down the street watched Clinton. Turns out the pain was from a bladder infection, which is also what triggered the contractions. No worries, though....the meds are working and my contractions have been pretty bearable since then. (I'm one of those lucky little gals that gets to labor for 12 weeks....did it with Clinton, looks like I'll be doing it with this one.)
So, that's the update. I might just even post some belly pictures this week, but I'll have to wait until I'm looking cute enough to take some!
Growin' and showin',

2 comments:
I am split as to whether or not I want to see the belly pics. On one hand I want to see them because who wouldn't but on the other hand I don't want to see them since you have only gained 15 pounds. By 30 weeks with Parker I looked like a full term pregnant lady!!!
Glad to hear the meds are helping you and I wish you no more contractions!!
I can't wait to see the pics!! You tiny thing! I bet you are so cute!
Post a Comment