Ladies and Gentlemen, Clinton Robert Williams is officially 3! Not sure I even believe it myself, but 'tis true. On February 8th our first born reached the phase known as "The Treacherous Threes". Joy.
To celebrate this Big Boy birthday we had 2 parties inundated with a recurring theme--MONSTER TRUCKS!
We started the celebrations with a "pends" birthday party. Clinton was so excited about seeing his friends. That's what he talked about most...."My pends are coming, mommy?" "Yes, you're friends are going to come to your party!"
After much thought and consideration and debating, we decided on a McDonald's birthday party. I'll admit it...at first I thought there was no way I would ever host a McDonald's birthday party for my son...because I can be a snob like that. I mean....there are no handmade decorations. There's no carefully selected menu that goes with the theme of the party. There are no well-planned activities. And it's McDonald's.
HOWEVER, after considering some very important facts--1.) Clinton LOVES the rarely visited playground at McDonald's; 2.) Clinton only cared about seeing his friends!; 3.) I wouldn't have to clean my house or be up all night preparing food.; and 4.) and, oh yeah, it's VERY cheap!--I was able to get over myself remembering that this was about Clinton and not about me. A revelation, I know.
So, in order to personalize it a bit we sent out Monster Truck invites, I provided Monster Truck cupcakes (in addition to the McDonald's birthday cake), we popped some Monster Truck stickers into the provided goodie bags, and we're sending out Monster Truck thank you notes. Clinton thought these touches were the best things ever...so in my mind--Mission Accomplished!
Clinton was excited with the arrival of each new friend. He played so hard that when it was time to eat he kept wiping his sweaty head telling us, "I tired." He was especially sweet during gift time. As I handed him each gift I would tell him who it was from. He would open each present, check it out, act disappointed, then go and give it to whoever I told him it was from. He thought he was having to give them all away!! Once he realized they were all for him and they were going in our car, he was beyond elated!
Cousin Emma

So tired from all the playing he couldn't even keep his eyes open for a picture with mommy...so dramatic










3 comments:
We had a great time at the party! I thought the McDonald's party was a great idea!
Heather
When Jack came home, he told me what a great time he had!!! We also had lots of fun with the crown. :)
Bek loves the truck from the cupcake! He has carried it everywhere!!! Thanks for inviting us...Clinton was so cute when he was handing back the presents he opened. Can't believe he is 3 - it seems like yesterday when we saw you two pushing him in the jogging stroller.
Post a Comment