Sunday, February 11, 2007

Introducing...Clinton Robert Williams

Praise God! We have been blessed with the most beautiful and healthiest baby boy. He weighed in at 8 lbs. and was 21 1/4" long. He is the longest and skinniest newborn I have ever seen. Labor and delivery went well. We were actually scheduled for an induction Thursday morning, but Clinton must have been as anxious as we were. Thursday morning I woke up at 3 am with contractions which continued until we arrived at the hospital. Once we arrived we had to register, get settled in our room and then I had to "get dressed". Around 9 am they started the pitosin (sp?) to make the contractions stronger, around 9.30 am they came and broke my water, and around 11.30 am I reached my breaking point and received my epidural. I was scared of the epidural so I waited a while before getting it. Then, of course, the epidural was a piece of cake and my attitude drastically improved. Rodney's dad stopped by several times to check on us and spent most of the day in the waiting room. Mother and Cathy (Rodney's mother) arrived around 1 pm and hung out with us in labor and delivery for the afternoon. We watched A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby and the breaking news about Anna Nicole Smith. The nurses had predicted an 8.30 pm "go time" for pushing, but Clinton and I surprised everyone by being ready at 5.30 pm. When we got ready to push they informed me this process usually takes a couple of hours....try less than 45 minutes. So at 6.22 pm on February 8, 2007, we had a beautiful new son. Rodney and my mother stayed with me for the delivery. Rodney surprised everyone by being able to watch the entire delivery and cut the umbilical cord...I was so proud of him. My husband has a bit of a weak stomach, but he was able to take in and appreciate every moment of this miraculous event. Check out some pictures below of our wonderful new blessing!

Mommy and Daddy enjoying new baby Clinton.

Checking everything out from Daddy's arms.

Sleeping like a baby...my favorite thing to do!

Look at this beautiful face!!

All ready to go home!

1 comment:

HaliFaye said...

Oh court i love him... hes adorable! I mean how could he not be... look at his parents. Wish I could be there to see him but i guess i'll just have to find a time to come out there and see that little guy. Love you and congradulations new mommy!!!